What to Consider When Choosing Quality Custom Millwork in Monroe, WAMarch 10, 2017 11:50 pm Leave your thoughts
During the homebuilding process, we’ve noticed that interior and exterior millwork is often one of the most overlooked aspects of a home. That kind of makes sense, though; many people are usually more concerned about which appliances they’re going to buy, what the kitchen and bathrooms will look like, the flooring throughout the home, etc. However, upon move-in day, people usually realize that custom millwork in Monroe, WA is a far more important part of a home than they once thought. Since it’s so important, it requires some thought before choosing the right millwork provider for your home:
- Material: Long ago, millwork was only crafted from wood made in a wood mill. Thankfully, those days are over and we have many more options when it comes to choosing the right material for custom millwork. There’s traditional millwork made from wood, millwork made from synthetics, millwork made from plastics and millwork made from wood-adhesive composites. We recommend going with classic wood millwork. It has a timeless look that’s bound to last for years and years to come. However, it’s your home, so it’s up to you!
- Brand name: These days, a lot rides on brand name. That could be good and it could be bad. Some brands charge more for their millwork simply because they can. Companies know people will buy based on the name alone. On the other hand, some companies charge a bit more because they actually have better products. When you shop with us you can rest assured that you’ll be buying the highest-quality millwork made by the best brands in the business.
- Budget: Going along with your millwork’s brand name and material is your budget. As mentioned above, you’ll usually pay more for a higher quality product. Depending on what you can afford to spend, that can be well worth the money in the long run. Lower-quality millwork is more than likely going to look bad in your new home.
- Color: You obviously want everything to match in your home. A hodgepodge of different colors in a given room is rarely a good look. Just like paint, be sure you try out different color combinations before you pick the one for your home. Different woods can either be stained or have a natural look to them. The options are almost limitless when it comes to choosing the right millwork for your home.
- The installation company: Finally, the company you choose to install your custom millwork in Monroe, WA is very important. You could choose the finest wood, crafted by the best brand, but if you choose a bad installation company, your interior and exterior millwork is going to look horrible. We guarantee high-quality installation by our preferred contractors. When you work with one of them, you’ll receive the best installation at the fairest prices in town.
Give Monroe Door & Millwork a call today to start the process of choosing the right custom millwork in Monroe, WA for your new home! Our friendly staff members are willing to answer any questions you might have.
Categorised in: Custom Millwork
This post was written by Writer